My good friend Alana tagged me in an Instagram photo for a recipe that made a type of pumpkin fluff. It was a super healthy version made with coconut milk. Matt and I followed the recipe but we just couldn’t recreate it.
You know how this story goes, right? I was in bed later that night dreaming about my gluten free graham crackers dipping into some soft, light, pumpkin flavored fluff. I may have looked at clouds differently the next morning. Once I have something stuck in my head, it’s hard to get it unstuck.
So what did I do? I headed to the grocery store to buy some Cool Whip. Yep, Cool Whip may be the opposite of coconut milk but it’s perfect for this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
- 1 cup of Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin (not the can of pumpkin pie filling – actually pure pumpkin)
- 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice (ground cloves, ground nutmeg, cinnamon, ground all spice, and ground ginger)
- gluten free graham crackers
1. Mix all 3 ingredients with a spoon. You can probably pop it into a mixer if you are making a larger quantity. It would definitely get lighter and fluffier.
2. Place in the refrigerator to chill it.
3. EAT it! Serve with gluten free graham crackers or another type of cookie.
Know what I LOVE about this recipe? It is so easy to make. Seriously. You kids could measure it all out and mix it without you. But don’t turn your back for long or they’ll eat it all themselves. I caught Rebecca actually licking this small mason jar this afternoon. It wasn’t a pretty look but I did understand. 😉
Look at these cute Ghosts in the Graveyard
Read about how we made this adorable Tulle Pumpkin Wreath