3. The mixture will get darker and will eventually turn brown.
4. When it gets darker, remove the pot from the burner on the stove.
5. Pour the mixture into a large sheet pan and then quickly place the chocolate chips over the top and spread the chocolate with a spatula. You may want to spray some cooking spray on the spatula so the chocolate will spread a little more evenly.
6. Place the pan in the refrigerator to cool.
7. After an hour, pull the pan back out and then break the toffee into pieces.
I don’t have a photo of this step because the minute I start to break it, little people come to the pan and start stealing pieces. I need to package it up before they eat it all!
I bet you can’t eat just one bite!
The Naughty Mommy says
Chris Carter says
OH. MY. GOSH. I am SO gonna make these!!!! That actually sounds like I can DO that one!! YUM!!!
Heidi Salisbury says
Homemade Toffee ! sounds great I will be trying this one. Thanks