I am in love with cinnamon lately. I start every morning with a teaspoon of cinnamon chips on my oatmeal.
We were making cookies and I was struck with the idea for these. They are delicious!
Truth be told I use the same base as I use for my chocolate chip cookies. You can make them gluten free or not.
GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON CHIP COOKIES
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups of Better Batter gluten free flour* (or regular all-purpose flout if you are making this with gluten)
2 cups of cinnamon chips
*I weigh my flour when I am using gluten free flour. 1 cup = 140 grams of gluten free flour. This recipe calls for 3 cups of flour so that would be 420 grams of gluten free flour.
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Place brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla into a mixer bowl until a minute or so after it’s well-mixed.
3. Slowly add salt, baking soda, cinnamon and Better Batter flour.
4. Once everything is well-mixed, add the cinnamon chips.
5. Scoop onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
*These links are affiliate links. What does that mean? It means if you click on the links to purchase these products I get a few pennies for every dollar. Basically, in a year I’ll be able to take the girls out to ice cream. 😉